Top 10 Best Heat Transfer Vinyl Reviews (Updated)
If you’re planning to transfer the eye-pleasing artwork that has been lying somewhere on your computer to your tee or you want to print on some customer tees, you’ll need to invest in the best heat transfer vinyl for these custom t-shirts.
Though finding a suitable heat transfer vinyl doesn’t involve any science, it will take you some work.
Luckily, we’ve created a comprehensive buying guide as well as compiled the 10 best heat transfer vinyl sets on the market right now so you can have an easy time finding your perfect choice.
Let’s delve into more of the details.
What Are Heat Transfer Vinyl Sheets?
If you don’t have an idea what heat transfer vinyl sheets are all about, allow me to give you a brief explanation below.
Heat transfer vinyl, commonly abbreviated as HTV, refers to a special vinyl that helps you successfully transfer your designs to various fabrics/materials.
You can get HTV in either a roll or sheet form. It features an adhesive backing for easy cutting, weeding, and placing on your garment for heat application.
The vinyl is made in single colors (but there are specialty options like glitter, flocked, 3D puff, etc. to suit your needs).
Don’t have enough time to read the whole article?
Need a Quick Decision? Here's Our 4 Top Picks!
Heat Transfer Paper Vinyl
Things To Know Before Buying Heat Transfer Vinyl
The heat transfer vinyl bundles on the market today are of different qualities. Needless to say, you should focus on high-quality types of vinyl if you don’t want to get frustrated with your t-shirt transfers.
Good materials tend to be durable and do not easily peel off, fade or crack no matter how many times you wash them.
Always trust user reviews. If you find them blasting a particular product for melting, peeling off, or bubbling, that’s probably evidence that the vinyl might disappoint you as well.
Besides, a top-quality vinyl should also be thin. The thinner it comes, the easier you’ll be able to cut it by hand or machine, and the easier it will be to transfer to t-shirts or your product of choice.
2. Color diversity also matters
When you make vinyl printing part of your life, you’ll have so many ideas that they might overwhelm you.
Luckily, you can look for vinyl packs that have a wider variety of colors. This will bring many options to any design you want to achieve.
Ensure the colors of the set you pick look trendy and practical to meet all your unique project needs.
3. Ease of transfer
The heat transfer process always ought to be quick and painless. However, investing in the wrong type of vinyl could give you a hard time transferring your design to various apparels - and ultimately, complicate the entire printing process.
To avoid this, I’d highly recommend you to look for incredibly easy to transfer vinyl. Some of the tell-tale features of vinyl that will attach to your fabrics easily include a lightweight design, sensitivity to low pressure, heat, and thin design.
Top 10 Best Heat Transfer Vinyl Picks:
1. SISER EasyWeed Heat Transfer Vinyl, 12 x 15" 12-Color Starter BUNDLE Review:
- 12 most popular Siser EasyWeed colors on the market
- Easy and Ready-to-cut material designed for custom garment decoration
- Pressure sensitive carrier allows you to weed small letters and fine designs easily
If you’re an absolute beginner learning the ropes of heat transfer vinyl, I’d highly recommend you to go for the SISER EasyWeed Heat Transfer Vinyl. It’s one of the best starter packages on the market today, providing you with everything you need to get started.
The bundle features up to 12 sheets, each measuring 12” x 15”. What’s more, the vinyl comes with an extensive range of up to 12 vibrant colors - including black, red, lemon, orange, ochre, forest green, navy, brown, grey, fuchsia, lime, and silver.
With such vast color diversity, you’re sure to bring all your unique designs to life. Keep in mind that the vinyl pack is sufficiently light to let you cut through it easily and thin enough for a quick and easy transfer.
Sometimes you might feel bad when the vinyl you’re using fails to excellently and quickly transfer smaller and finer vinyl details on your garment as it does for large details.
But this particular pack could be your saving grace. Each of its sheets features a pressure sensitive carrier at the back to prevent the smaller letters or finer design from getting ripped off as a result of a poor transfer.
One more thing, the SISER EasyWeed Heat Transfer Vinyl is famed for its excellent durability. In other words, you can wash any garment you’ve transferred the vinyl onto for as many times as you wish, without worrying about possible fading.
- A pack of the 12 most popular SISER colors on the market today
- Easy, ready-to-cut material for custom garment decoration
- Pressure sensitive carrier for easy weeding of smaller letters and fine designs
- Much thinner compared to other types of vinyl
- Excellent durability that lasts even with repeated washings
2. Fame Crafts Heat Transfer Vinyl Review:
- Personalizing apparel such as T-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, hats and more has never been easier or this much fun!
- Easy to Weed is a durable polyurethane which is used to design custom t-shirts as it can be washed multiple times...
- Our transfer vinyl is thin, lightweight and sensitive to heat/pressure, allowing you to quickly forge even the most...
If you’re looking for the easiest way to decorate your plain t-shirts (among other materials), Fame Crafts Heat Transfer Vinyl is the perfect solution for you.
It enables you to permanently put that design on a broad range of apparels to express your unique personality, promote your brand, spread the word about your new organization, etc.
The DIY vinyl sheets have been created to let you make your own custom t-shirts from the comfort of your home or office. The complete package includes up to 20 sheets.
And like any other top-rated vinyl pack, the sheets that are available on each of the pack are 20 of the all-time most attractive colors.
These include yellow, white, black, orange, deep orange, green, light green, blue, sky blue, ocean blue, purple, red, pink, gold, brown silver, neon pink, neon green, neon blue, and neon yellow.
With all these colors, there’s not a single shadow of a doubt that you’ll be able to implement all your unique designs!
This vinyl is incredibly thin and extremely sensitive to heat or pressure, making it easy to weed even the finest details or the smallest letters as expected.
While the material is incredibly lightweight (making it easy to craft with), it’s extremely durable such that it can withstand regular washing as well as drying for countless times.
Fame expresses the total confidence they have in their product by giving you a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Makes it fun and easy to personalize various apparels, such as sweatshirts, t-shirts, hats, hoodies, and so much more
- It’s a durable polyurethane that you can use to custom design t-shirts and wash them countless times without compromising their integrity
- Its lightweight, thinness, and high sensitivity to heat/pressure enables you to forge even the most minute design details
- The complete pack comprises 20 vinyl sheets with up to 20 of the most popular colors
- Each sheet measures 12” x 10”; they’re not rolls
3. SISER EasyWeed Heat Transfer Vinyl HTV for T-Shirts Review:
No products found.
SISER EasyWeed Heat Transfer Vinyl makes an excellent vinyl choice if you plan to imprint player numbers and names or add personalization to your corporate wear.
Being a genuine product from SISER, the polyurethane ready-to-cut vinyl presents you with a range of convenient features for easy, quick transfer of all your custom designs.
Like all the other SISER vinyl, this product boasts of a pressure sensitive carrier which translates to easy weeding of the tiniest details and the smallest of letters on your design. This ensures that the final product appears exactly the way it looks on your design.
Much thinner and lighter than other types of vinyl, this material enables you to cut and transfer designs to your garment quickly.
Unlike its rivals, the vinyl expresses excellent durability even after many, many washing. The complete pack comes with 3 sheets, each measuring 12 x 15-inch. It’s perfect for multi-layered or single color applications.
Not to mention, it works with a broad range of cutting machines, namely Silhouette Cameo, Cricut, Portrait, Brother ScanNCut 1 & 2, Curio, CM100DM, CM350R, CM550DX, CM250, CM350, and CM650W.
- Genuine SISER EasyWeed Brand vinyl
- Offers you excellent durability, even with repeated washing
- Suitable for use in cutting machines like Silhouette Cameo, Cricut, Portrait, Brother ScanNCut 1 & 2, Curio, CM100DM, CM350R, CM550DX, CM250, CM350, and CM650W
- It’s a polyurethane, ready-to-cut material for custom garment decoration
4. Qbc Craft 12x12 Permanent Adhesive Vinyl Sheets (36 Pack) Review:
- Durability Easy To Weed and Cut Vinyl for Indoor and Outdoor 5 yrs when properly displayed MADE IN USA
- Easy and Headache Free self adhesive backed craft vinyl for Cricut Silhouette and all craft cutters
- 3 MIL Thick and Holds your Designs Shape after cutting and weeding use on windows graphics letters
Qbc Craft 12x12 Permanent Adhesive Vinyl bundle is a super pack of 36 high-quality and completely easy to use sheets. The sheets allow you to add customized designs to various apparels easily and quickly.
All 36 sheets measure 12” x 12” and come with an extensive range of colors to meet your design needs.
Some of these colors include: Olympic Blue, Royal Purple, Red, Fiesta Pink, Primrose Yellow, Dark Blue, Matte Yellow, Kelly Green, Tomato Red, Gold, Beige, Emerald Green, Poppy Red, Plum, Burgundy, Matte Black, Gloss Black, Medium Gray, Silver, Brown, Peacock, Lime, Blue, Cardinal Red, Sunbeam Yellow, Tangerine, Gloss White, Matte Angel White, Teal, Magenta, Lavender, and Violet.
This vast color diversity will enable you to successfully imprint just about any design you have at hand.
Using the sheets is the easiest part, as the package comes accompanied by a simple instructions reference sheet. Because of its high durability mature, it will last for an extended period of time on your garments.
Even more interesting, the sheets work extremely well with a wide variety of craft cutters as well as adhesive vinyl craft cutting machines out there. With the included transfer tape, you can easily reposition your vinyl to reduce the risk of tearing and stretching.
If you’re working with smaller decals, use the opaque blue grid transfer tape. It’s a less aggressive adhesive that allows the finer details to remain attached when you withdraw the sheet. And for larger decals, consider using the red lined transfer tape as it bears a stronger adhesive.
A word of caution: these sheets are not for use on interior painted walls and won’t work with the printers.
- Made in the USA
- Indoor, outdoor five years durability when displayed correctly
- 3 MIL thick; perfect for use on most clean, dry, smooth surfaces
- Use the Qbc craft vinyl for all your home and crafting decoration projects
- Provides you with a list of vibrant colors
5. Rozzy Crafts12 Color Iron-On Heat Transfer Vinyl Starter Pack Review:
- Rozzy Crafts presents this terrifically colorful 12-sheet starter pack
- Each set comes with 12 sheets of high-quality heat transfer vinyl and includes the following colors: Red, white, blue,...
- Iron on or use a heat press - easy to weed - cool peel
Here’s another great starter pack that will meet your needs if you’re planning on using heat transfer vinyl for the first time.
Each set is comprised of 12 high-quality sheets that have a great color diversity so that you can easily implement a wide number of designs effortlessly.
These colors include gold, silver, neon green, hot pink, light pink, purple, black, orange, yellow, blue, white, and red.
Because the sheets are designed from polyurethane (PU), they’re soft enough and thus, perfect for all your detailed and thin-lined designs. Besides, they’re incredibly easy to cut and weed.
During the weeding process, you’ll quickly notice the adhesive layer that helps hold your design on the receiving garment in position.
After you’ve applied the vinyl, your fabrics can still stretch through natural movements due to the excellent durability that comes with it. Moreover, frequent washing will not affect your design.
Rozzy Crafts12 Color Iron-On Heat Transfer Vinyl offers you the perfect solution to top-quality, detailed designs and numbering for sportswear, t-shirts, and other garments where you require excellent durability.
- Terrifically colorful sheet starter bundle
- Each package comprises 12 high-quality vinyl sheets with different colors
- Each sheet measures approximately 12” x 10”
- Use with a heat press or use an iron on - easy to weed, cool peel
- Conforms to the ASTM D-4236
6. Pumpkin Brother Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl 12x10 inch, 12 Color Pack Review:
Whether you’re working on simple and bold, large and small, or fine and intricate designs, this vinyl will help you accomplish your project. The vinyl cuts weeds and applies easily, whether you’re ironing it on or using a heat press, so you’ll have an easy time using it.
The bundle presents you with bright and vibrant colors of glitter heat transfer vinyl sheets that combine perfectly well to give you an attention-grabbing final product.
Because the vinyl material is thin and durable, it will easily survive many washes. It’s also CPSIA certifies, meaning its kids safe and you can use it to decorate their clothing as well as accessories. You can now make your kids look trendy with these heat transfer glitter vinyl sheets!
- Glitter vinyl with bright, vivid colors that combine perfectly well
- Perfect for multi-color transfers
- Ready to cut vinyl; measures 10” x 12” for Cricut, Silhouette Cameo, and other craft cutters
- Safe for kids and incredibly durable; CPSIA certified, eco and washing machine friendly
- Easy to cut, weed, and apply vinyl; adhesive layers helps keep the small details steady in the transfer
- Easy personalization: works with t-shirts, hats, hoodies, polos, etc. from pure polyesters, cotton, or blends
7. Angel Crafts 12" x 10" Heat Transfer Vinyl Sheets (16 PACK) Review:
Whether you want to make bowling tees for your buddies, create a unique fashion statement as an upcoming fashion designer, or want to create something new as a crafter, Angel Crafts 12" x 10" Heat Transfer Vinyl has the solution for you.
The iron on vinyl comes with a perfectly thin design, allowing you to easily cut out smaller letters, styling and other designs without compromising the overall quality.
Though thin, the material has such an exceptional durability that makes the transfer last on your fabric for an extended period of time.
Being a pressure sensitive film, you won’t have to invest in a high-end iron or heat press machine to use this product.
The complete bundle comprises a whopping 16 sheets, bearing bold, beautiful colors that will help you bring all your unique designs into life with this iron-on vinyl.
Angel Crafts 12" x 10" Heat Transfer Vinyl works with nearly all apparels you can think of, including shirts, hats, etc. As a bonus, you’ll also get a Teflon sheet in the package.
The best part, it comes with a 30-day money back guarantee!
- Makes personalization for a broad range of cloth wear incredibly easy
- Thin enough for easy transfer
- Highly durable; keeps off fade, cracking, and peel
- Ready-cut material; each sheet measures 12” x 10” for easier manageability
- Fun, vibrant colors
- Washing machine safe
- Compatible with 100% pure cotton, polyester fabrics, as well as poly/cotton blends
- Comes with a bonus Teflon sheet
- Easy application process
8. Fame Crafts Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl, 12" x 10" 15-Color Starter BUNDLE Review:
Wanna add some sparkle in your life? Or need to add some flair to your next heat transfer vinyl project? The Fame Crafts Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl presents you with a pack of 15 12” x 10” sheets of varied colors to meet all your eye-pleasing needs.
The color options you’ll get in this package are beautiful and include silver, gold, rainbow white, black, neon blue, neon orange, neon pink, neon green, gray, lavender, leaf, red, royal blue, light green, and deep pink.
Since these vinyl sheets are extremely sensitive to pressure and incredibly thin, they allow you to weed even the finest details and the smallest letters as you wish them to appear on your final product.
Additionally, the sheets come with an extremely lightweight design, making them incredibly easy to craft with. Despite the lightweight design, they’re overly durable so that they can endure regular washing without fading, peeling or cracking.
The 15 pack HTV sheets work well with a variety of apparels, allowing you to show those unique designs on your computer to the word! The 30-day money back guarantees act as enough evidence of how much confidence the manufacturer have in their product.
- Suitable for personalizing a variety of apparels, including sweatshirts, hoodies, t-shirts, hats, and more
- Made of durable polyurethane that you can wash countless times without compromising its quality
- Incredibly thin, lightweight and highly sensitive to heat/pressure for the easy forging of even the finest design details
- The complete bundles comprises 15 sheets in the most popular colors
- Easy to weed film
- Each sheet measures 12" x 10"; they’re not rolls
9. Siser Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl for T-Shirts, 12 Color Review:
- 12 Sheets of Popular Siser Glitter Colors. Each sheet is approximately 10" x 12" (1 foot).
- Siser Glitter is CPSIA Certified, so it is perfect for decorating children's clothing and accessories.
- Ships flat, Pressure Sensitive Backing, Glitter finish, 12.8 mils Thick
Siser Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl is also a great pack that offers you a variety of colors to meet all your garment imprinting needs. It comes with up to 12 sheets, each measuring 10” x 12” and makes an excellent starter pack for beginners out there.
To help you add real sparkle to your designs, this particular package provides you with glitter colors and great vibrancy which gives you the ultimate sparkle! These colors include
: black, white, blue, gold, silver, red, green grass purple, neon pink, black gold, neon blue, and light multi.
With a pressure sensitive backing, you can trust the vinyl to successfully transfer even the finest details and the smallest of letters on your designs.
The sheets are suitable for use with pure cotton and polyester fabrics, cotton/poly blends, leather, and so much more.
They can work on a variety of vinyl cutting machines like Silhouette Cameo, Cricut, Portrait, Brother ScanNCut 1 & 2, Curio, CM100DM, CM350R, CM550DX, CM250, CM350, and CM650W.
And since the vinyl is CPSIA certified, you can safely use it to decorate your kids’ clothes as well as other accessories.
- Comprises 12 sheets of popular Siser Glitter colors
- Each sheet measures roughly 10” x 12”
- CPSIA certified, making it safe for decorating kids clothing and accessories
- Pressure sensitive backing, glitter finish, and thin design (around 12.8 mils thick)
- Compatible with fabrics made from pure cotton, polyester, and polyester/cotton blends, leather, etc.
- Easy to weed
- Works with a variety of cutting machine including the Silhouette Cameo, Cricut, Portrait, Brother ScanNCut 1 & 2, Curio, CM100DM, CM350R, CM550DX, CM250, CM350, and CM650W
10. EZ Craft USA Permanent Adhesive Backed 12” x 12” - 40 Vinyl Sheets Review:
- SAVE MONEY! BEST PRICED PACKAGE! 12” X 12” INCH VINYL 40 sheets in 30 different glossy colors, 2 matte colors, and 3...
- HIGH QUALITY ADHESIVE BACKING AND LINER to protect the adhesive until it is exposed and ready for use. No more cheap...
- LIFETIME SATISFACTION GUARANTEE OR YOUR MONEY BACK. If unhappy with this product then you can send it back. However, if...
After using a starter pack, you’ll probably realize the need to invest in other heat transfer vinyl that offers you more colors as well as features to suit your future projects.
On that note, you’d need to consider the EZ Craft USAPermanent Adhesive Backed 12” x 12” - 40 Vinyl Sheets. The 34-sheet pack features rich colors that will satisfy all your creative ideas.
The pack has 40 sheets, each measuring 12 x 12 inches. You’ll enjoy a wide assortment of these colors: gray, lemon, fluorescent blue, lime, hibiscus, bright red, turquoise, fluorescent pink, orange, green, yellow, red, navy, royal blue, pink, purple, silver, gold, brown, and sky blue.
The fact that you can apply this mega-pack of sheets at lower temperatures means you don’t have to invest in a fancy heat press or iron to enjoy using this product. It also features the EZ Craft USA’s pressure sensitive carrier, ensuring that no little pieces of vinyl gets ripped off or ruined.
Incredibly robust and durable, this sheet will survive countless washes. And being a flexible, lightweight vinyl, it will work excellently with all fabrics. It also works perfectly for multi-colored designs!
- Up to 40 12” x 12” sheets in 30 different glossy colors
- Adhesive backing and liner helps protect the adhesive until it’s exposed (and ready for use)
- Satisfaction guarantee or your money back
- Thin but strong, durable sheets
- Can work with all cutters
Final Thoughts on Heat Transfer Vinyl Sheets
If you’re looking for the best heat press transfer vinyl sheets, you can never go wrong with the 10 top-rated products we’ve just discussed above.
Whether you’re a beginner trying to get your feet into the garments printing business or a professional fashion designer, you can get the perfect vinyl for all your needs.
While cheap heat transfer vinyl sheets may seem like something you want to avoid when you’re looking for heat transfer vinyl sheets, there are actually brands that could be worth your while.
This is especially true if you’re a beginner and just learning if this is something you want to do on a regular or eventually transition to into a business. But you have to be careful that you choose one that has good customer reviews.
On the other hand, a professional would opt for a more expensive brand and or printable heat transfer vinyl sheets to ensure the quality and quantity of printing. Either way, you have to make sure that you get heat transfer vinyl sheets that serve your preference and purpose best.
All the types of vinyl we’ve reviewed are highly durable, thin, and lightweight for easy transfer. They offer you a list of terrifically vibrant colors to help bring your design to life.
Have you already identified the perfect heat transfer vinyl for your needs?
As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, this site may earn from qualifying purchases. We may also earn commissions on purchases from other retail websites.
Last update on 2021-06-20 at 14:04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API